Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Nashville, TN


Nashville - Because everyone needs a good ol' girls night out! This March 15th, me and three girlfriends from work set out for a night of fun in a real "country" city. But, this city is not so country at all. As many times as I have been to the Home of Country music, I have never been out and about in the downtown city lights, so that was the goal of this trip.

Molly, Kristin, Elizabeth and I shopped the day away at the outlet. I decided quickly that if I ever need to shop and haven't been to Orlando within a few months (my shopping spot), Nashville is where I will be driving. With all the stores a girl loves, including a Saks Fifth Avenue OFF Saks, I couldn't go wrong! While there, I spent my usual 3-4 hours in Forever 21, then headed to swaky Saks to pick me up a great pair of Marc Jacob shades, so I could be "Fresh out the water, with my Marc Jacob goggles." Lil' Wayne Lyrics... for those of you who are clueless to the rap world (my gorgeous boyfriend would say having no clue about rap is a good thing... I disagree)! haha.


Soon it was back to the hotel to show off our latest clothes and decide which of the new garments we wanted to strut around in that night. Three change of outfits, four change of shoes, and two change of hair-do's later, we were off to martinis and sushi! The Sushi Bar ended up being the best all four of us had ever experienced, which gave me EVEN MORE reason to come back to N-ville. We then hit up the town, bar hopping until we couldn't stop, which for us was only about 3 a.m. We were out of town, yet our boyfriends were still awake hanging out together at home in Memphis. Drunk (of course) and grilling out. At 3 a.m.? Yes, I said that correctly. The boys were at Tres' condo, and he could persuade a 50-year-old narcoleptic to stay awake until the sun rises!!!

No comments: