Monday, July 13, 2009

Atlanta (August 29-30)

We love Atlanta, and since last year, I think we have been there about three times. This time in particular was for a wedding: Corey and Kara… a really fun and pleasant couple to be around. Tres went to Graduate school with Corey (and Court… Corey’s twin brother). We actually got a dose of Corey and Kara when we were in Charleston, so I knew a fun wedding was expected from these two… and we ALL know how I LOVE fun weddings! It was a double-fun weekend because not only did we get to hang out with Corey and Kara, but we also stayed with good friends, Tasha and Brandon, who live in Atlanta. Overall, the weekend was great but I learned two things on this trip: 1) Two wrongs don’t make a right. No, I am not talking about the couple getting married – they are great. I am talking about the consistency of mine and Tres’ tardiness to events. I never thought I could meet someone who could possibly run later than I do! But then I met Tres, and might I just say, we are soul mates down to the possible worst tendency on the planet: not being on time to ANYTHING! I, on one hand, am usually only late to simple things like meeting a friend for dinner, trying to catch the 7:00 movie, etc. Tres, on the other hand refuses to even be on time to important events. In this case, it was Kara and Corey’s wedding. I think I contributed a bit to the lateness, but I am ashamed to say that Tres and I most definitely walked in not as the bride got to the altar, not as “you may kiss the bride” was said, but indeed when the entire ceremony was over and the reception had begun! The worst part? We pretended we were there! After running into the first friend at the reception, Tres was asked, “How did you like the ceremony?” He replied with, “Oh it was great!” Terrible, terrible! I would say we have been on time to everything since, but that would just make me even more a liar than before! And lesson learned number 2) Never drive from Memphis to Atlanta. Tres and I made a pact after the horrendous traffic full of rednecks on the way to Auburn vs. Mystery Team that we would fly to Atlanta from now on! And so far, we have!

No comments: