Monday, July 13, 2009

Dallas, Texas (February 26-March 2)


Tres’ and Andrea’s first work trip of the year together! Tres and I both travel a lot for work, but we rarely get to do it together. On occasion, if Tres has a work trip planned and I have nothing to do that weekend, we will usually just buy me a flight and I will tag along and lay out by the pool or something while he works, but most of the time we are both gone on the same weekends in different cities (Did I mention that this year, we did not spend one weekend together in Memphis from the end of December until MAY!!! When summer finally got here, we were more excited about having a weekend in OUR CITY together than the gorgeous weather!)


This case was a different one though… we both had to be in Dallas for the largest all star cheerleading competition in the nation – NCA All Star Nationals, and this turned out to be one of my most memorial and fun times with Tres! Remember how I said Tres and I always end up going out like rockstars BY OURSELVES… well that pretty much sums up this trip. We both decided on this trip we love Dallas. We called it the Southwestern Atlanta, and everyone knows Atlanta is both Tres and my favorite city!


So the first night we hung out with some friends, went to dinner at a great sushi restaurant down from our hotel (which was downtown and across from where JFK got shot), and ended up at this random bar where we indeed stayed until about 3 a.m. when we both had to be up at 7 the next morning. Needless to say, the work day was long, and once it was over, I thought we would both put on our pa-jammies and order room service, but something came over us, and we decided we wanted a nice dinner. The concierge suggested a seafood/steak place, and boy was she dead-on! If I ever go back to Dallas, this will be the first restaurant I visit… I wish I could remember the name, but I am blank (I later remembered... it's called Trulucks... AWESOME)! Dinner and drinks at dinner turned into an exhaustion makeover and by the time we ate our last bite, we were ready for another night of fun. We ended up at Ghost Bar in the W hotel, and I would suggest it to anyone. It’s on the 33rd floor of the skyscraper hotel, where there is a glass floor balcony with gorgeous views of the city… kind of scary for a gal who is terrified of heights, but totally worth checking out! The club is very “Vegas-like” for Dallas with velvet ropes and long lines to get in, a large cover charge, and VIP Bottle service. It’s very stylish and contemporary, which is always what I immediately look for in a place I go to when I am out of town – being from Memphis, we have NOTHING like that, so I am always happy to visit a place like this when in another city. The next day of work was a lot more difficult than the first, so the jammies and room service was a given on the last night. Dallas was a BLAST!

No comments: