Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Anaheim, California

Every once in awhile, in between the many Orlandos is a California, or a Florida, or another random state I am asked to visit for more cheerleading championship coverage. This year, California was one of them. So, I flew into Los Angeles (a place I have visited before and love) and drove about 40 minutes to Anaheim.. Home of Disney Land. As you can see, I can't seem to get away from these thrilling lands of cartoon characters. Disney World, Disney Land... it's safe to say I have seen enough, but still anticipate and love going back each year.

This Anaheim trip was different though, because I had never been there. I was only there a few days, so the trip really only consisted of work and a little fun after. The worst part about being in Anaheim instead of home in Memphis? Any normal person would say there is nothing WORST about that scenario, but this very weekend... there WAS. The University of Memphis basketball team was playing the University of Tennessee basketball team in Memphis. This was one of the biggest games of the season or should I say ever? Both teams from Tennessee, they were ranked number one and number two... this rarely happens, supposedly.

Anyway, I would never have gotten tickets because it was almost impossible since people were selling them for thousands of dollars, but Memphis was the HOT SPOT this weekend (that will never happen again...haha). So, I had to watch the game and NOT celebrate a win in the state of California. It turned out to not be such a bad gig, even though Memphis blew it. I watched the end with a fun group of friends and got talked into buying a loud, orange UT shirt to celebrate the win with a few fans I was with. So me and about 5 people walked around with the same shirt on for the remainder of the night. It was pretty funny having every other Californian we passed congratulate us on the "Big Win." haha! Good Trip!

No comments: