Thursday, July 10, 2008

Hawaii - Oahu


A little more than a year ago, I was right in the center of the Pacific Ocean - right in between the good ole United States of America and the ever lovely Asia. I bet you didn't know Hawaii was so far away? Well, guess what? I didn't have the slightest clue until I got home and my dad showed me on a Satellite map where Hawaii was located. Let's just say this... you never want to get washed away in Hawaii or you are not going to be finding your way back anytime soon! No wonder that flight was so long!


Here are the girls... having fun on the beach!
Anyway, my grandmother got married, so she and her brand-new hubby took us all (the family) to the gorgeous islands of Hawaii!!! We had a blast... swimming, laying out on Waikiki Beach, kayaking, and going to a real Hawaiian Luau. Not only that, but we saw one of the most historic landmarks in the World - Pearl Harbor. That was, by far, the best part of the trip. I am no history buff, but that is really soemthing every American should see!


Pearl Harbor Memorial

What a FUN trip! If I ever go back, I will probably visit one of the other islands of the state.. who knew there were so many? Maui is probably next on my list!


This was the view we had from our balcony!


No comments: