Monday, July 13, 2009

Charleston, South Carolina (July 17-20)

Wow this seems like a long time ago, and I have to say it was considering the circumstances. This trip was taken for Tres’ 30th birthday. HA! What’s so funny is Tres will be 31 in less than a month! This is just a little slap to the face reminder that I am not very diligent in my blogging. Back to the trip though – We had a fabulous weekend trip in this charming city! Oh my, this city is so my style - southern charm with a little bit of modern flair!


We took the trip with our great friends Trevor and Lori where we ate good dinners and drank massive amounts of wine. Not to mention the infamous “Firefly” Sweet Tea Vodka drink. Look, all I have to say about this drink is: dangerous. If you have never heard of it, you may want to go to the website or something and read about it, but I will do my best to describe it: tastes identical to sweet tea, but is in fact pure vodka. Good luck if you ever go to Charleston and want to give it a whirl. I suggest it, but I also suggest you stop at one glass.

This trip was like all of our times with T and L… great fun! By the way, Trevor and Lori are pregnant now, and Tres and I were just recently asked to be the Godparents! We are so grateful to be such a big part of Baby Piety’s life and can’t wait to meet him. Needless to say, Lori can’t have any “Fireflies” now, but we may have to head back to Charleston after little Saxon is born!

No comments: